Thursday, 26 April 2012

Rings





Apologies, please try to ignore my stumpy fingers if you can…

I have a wild and crazy ring obsession. I love them! But I do have to confess my collection is mostly made up of cheap costume jewellery. But there is nothing wrong with that, it’s just that in comparison quality jewellery is so much better in very way! I even think it make you feel nicer when you wear it. Warm and fuzzes.

This ring was found by my dear mummy in the Picton junk store.  Its real silver and the gem stone is turquoise – green turquoise … strange? Not that I’m complaining, I actually like the more subtle darker green, it seems to go with more?

It was a mean bargain at $40.00. My mum wore it for few years before passing it down to me after gaining level 1 excellence in NCEA. One of the best gifts ever!  I adore this ring! Everything about it is stunning, the colour is so deep and rich and the metal detailing complements nicely. I have had countless compliments.

However admittedly, rings as nice as this for a good price are really had to come by… which is such a shame! Because not only do I love the ring itself, but also the idea that it has a storey. I think it’s cute that my mum handed it down to me, and it was found in a little seaside  junk store, but maybe that’s me just being naff? Haha. Even though they are hard to come by, it’s still worth having a look.

Tips:
Make sure you check what the metal is you buying as well as the gem you don’t want to pay a small fortune for a fake!
Try it on; it will be no good if it won’t fit your fingers!
Will you wear it? Personally I don’t think I would wear a giant pink diamond? But that’s just me.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...