Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Skirt Obsessed








I am obsessed with skirts. I love them and wear them all the time, but my op-shop skirt collection is rather limited. I think this is due to the fact that you have to buy skirts that actually fit properly, whereas most other things aren’t too bad slightly too big or small. As you can tell I am a bit of a sucker for high-wasted miniskirts. I like how you can wear shirts over them or tucked in making them more versatile, which is always a positive. I have been hunting for a nice maxi skirt, but it’s hard to find one the right length on me as well as the right size and a pattern I like. Which all makes me sound very needy, huh?

So the first skirt I got from a Salvation Army store for $6.00, it’s hardly been worn – such a bargain. I thought this was such a cute skirt, I could hardly leave it in the store, but in all honesty I hardly wear it, it’s not really my style. But I have this problem where I find something really amazing like this and I can’t not buy it, so I end up getting them and giving them away. This one is promised to my friend Rose. In saying that I still think its super cute skirt. I love the chiffon fabric and the little pleats at the top.

The next skirt is actually as sarong skirt thing, I think. It has this weird tie on the side. But you can’t really tell when I’m wearing so I thought what the hell, and bought it anyway from Save Mart in Christchurch for $8.00. Such a good buy, even though for ages I didn’t really wear it but then I rediscovered it this winter and I am in love with it all over again. I really like the slightly more geometric print compared to floral, for no reason in particular just personal preference. I also really like that it’s a slightly different cut to my other skirts which tend to flare out a little more.

And finally this is my newest skirt which was also $8.00 from Salvation Army. I actually like this floral, I think it’s because it on a black background making it not a girly looking? Also I just like the colour combo in general. Plus the size of the print is really nice too. I am in love with the chiffon fabric and the tiered hem, which you’re going to have to trust me but it does look really nice on. However… confession time, I have owned this for nearly a month and still haven’t worn it…… I love it but just can’t find anything to wear with it…. So I am definitely going to have to work on that. 

** Also before you go, 'What? self-confessed skirt obsessive? with only 3 skirts?' I forgot to photograph one - you can see it on the post Opshop D.I.Y. I have 3 others that are first hand so I could hardly include them in my blog about op-shopping

2 comments:

  1. You find some really amazing pieces! Love the pleated floral skirt!

    x Aliya
    hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i couldn't believe it when i found it! Sometimes i cant understand why people would throw such lovely things away!
      Anna

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...