Sunday, 10 June 2012

Brightening Up Winter







Ok, I will be the first to admit that this shirt is a little scary, so scary that I nearly didn’t buy it. But then I realised $4.00 is hardly an investment, so why not? Naturally what drew me to this shirt was the crazy print. It’s large and slightly hectic but I like it. I’m not actually sure why? I think it’s probably because this shirt is so refreshing in amongst all the winter gloom. At first I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find anything to wear this with, but I have found that it works really well as a statement piece paired with a cream cardi and black skirt.

At first glance this shirt appears to be pretty basic, if you ignore the print of course, but as well as the print it’s also silk and stripy. When I say silk, I mean nylon or some other manmade fibre that looks like silk. And yes, there are stripes. Well I suppose they are more panels? If you look closely there shirt is made up of strips of sheer and opaque fabric. It’s quite subtle but I really like this aspect of the shirt. It adds a point of individuality which I am always keen on. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad yo went ahead and bought it!
    I love it! You can style it with Mango Chino Trousers and a gorgeous pair of heels and a black cross body bag and you're good to go!

    Sorry but the moment I saw the top the look just sprung to my mind! Cute

    xoxo
    Chloe Polo
    Fasheauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great idea, i will be sure to try it when its spring in my part of the world.
      Thanks for the comment :)
      Anna

      Delete
  2. I love it. It's very unique and
    when you make a right combination I think
    it will look awesome on you!!

    L O V E,
    PurePreciousPerfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment. Just checked out your blog by the way. It great!
      Anna

      Delete
  3. Crazy makes interesting.
    tuck it in plain pants and your'e ready to rock!:)

    Love your blog, thanks for your sweet comment!
    xoxo

    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blouse, really interesting...

    Check out my blog:
    themeltingpotofstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, I am feeling much more confident about my purchase thanks to all the lovely comments.
      Your blog is stunning by the way. Great photos.
      Anna

      Delete
  5. First off, thanks for visiting our blog.
    Second: I think this top could work :) It's unusual, yes, but interesting nonetheless.

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i really like that its not just your typical shirt, the print is crazy but i love it.
      Anna

      Delete
  6. Unique! Interesting piece...

    my blog: http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...