Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Clutch.










I picked up this cute little clutch from Opportunity for Animals last Saturday. I don’t normally buy clutches as I am so clumsy that I would probably just put it down and lose it, but I really loved the look of this one and couldn’t leave it behind especially as it was only $4.00. Luckily for me this one came with hooks so I could attach a strap.

What originally drew me to this bag was the texture of it. The entire bag is covered in sequin-like tiles made of metal. They have been finished in a gloss so that they catch the light, which I think looks really lovely. It has gold trim around the edging, also in metal. The fact that the bag is predominantly metal is nice because I don’t have anything similar in my wardrobe. Another point that I love about this bag is that I can dress it up or down, unlike some of my other leather bags which are strictly day time as they are all worn and battered.

I have seen a few bags similar to this one over the years but they have always been in black, but now that I have seen a white one, black really doesn’t do the bag justice, you can hardly see the beautiful detailing. Another thing that I also want to quickly point out is how good the quality of this bag is. I am guessing it is relatively old, yet it’s all still intact and not missing a single tile.

I really love the size of this bag, its perfect to just chuck my wallet, phone and some other bits and pieces in without becoming too chunky. I am also fond of the zip compartment, functionality as well as style is always important. I can’t wait till I get a chance to wear this out!

18 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found you through a comment you left on my blog - so awesome to meet another thrifty blogger! I kind of live for finding the best deals, and thrift stores are ALWAYS my go to. You seem to have perfected the art! Looking forward to following you on Bloglovin!

    www.prettylittlefawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you! I agree, its always lovely to meet new thifty girls :)
      Anna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful clutch! Thrifting is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!
    I've awarded you with the Liebster Blog Award!! xx

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/#!/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's very kind of you! However i have already done it, but feel free to check out the questions and answers.
      Anna

      Delete
  4. Love that bag! x

    http://fashionoblivion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous clutch and wonderful pictures showcasing it!!

    xoxo
    Chloe Polo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that clutch, such a good find! I one sort of similar but black that i bought for two bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a pretty clutch! I love it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. clever blog girlie, proud to be the first follower! follow back? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this clutch, especially the texture as you said. I love how you showcase thrift finds on your blog, great idea! Thanks for your comment!

    xx
    Lauren

    http://slowburnfastburn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, its always so lovely to hear back from people.
      Anna

      Delete
  10. Hi that is such a pretty clutch
    I discovered your blog from the Liebster Blog Award.
    I decided to follow you to support my fellow blogger. Hope you will do the same for me :)
    -Stefania
    http://traintostyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you that means a lot, i am off to check out your blog right now!
      Anna

      Delete
  11. This is so pretty and unique! What a bargain too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute clutch, you'd look great wearing it with a black dress. The possibilities of wear for this clutch are infinite. Now, a question? I know I'm totally ignorant, but what in God's name is op-shop? Like I told ya, ignorant speaking (writing, more so).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...