Friday, 1 June 2012

Cut Outs - New Shoes







So, I know that a lot of people are a little iffy on buying second hand shoes, which is fair enough. But as you may have guessed from the photos above, I am not one of those people. I am a strong believer that if you check the shoes properly – yes that does mean try them on and give them a good sniff - and they seem fine, why not buy them? A lot of the shoes I see have hardly been worn and the original owner bought the wrong size. No big deal!

I picked these up from Opportunity for Animals in Kilbirne for only $3.00 - such a bargain. They are real leather, made in New Zealand and to me they look vintage and probably hand made as all the details (size, material, origin) were hand carved. They have been worn, but hardly – probably another case of the wrong size or something like that.

I saw these in store 2 weeks ago when I was last there but didn’t bother trying them on as I thought they looked too small, but when I came back yesterday and saw they were still there I decided to give them a shot. Admittedly they are a tiny bit too small, but for $3.00 I thought what the heck. Maybe they will stretch a little?  If not I can still wear them, just maybe not for long distance walks.

I am so excited to wear these in the spring time. I am in love with the little cut outs, they will be perfect for summer days. Plus I really like how the cut outs create a geometric pattern; it’s a nice contrast to the style of shoe.  If I can keep the white clean I think that it will add to the summery feel these shoes have, but knowing me…

Also I just wanted to mention my friend Rosie who came with me shopping yesterday; she also picked up two pairs of shoe for a grand total of $6.00. So it just goes to show that there are lots of great shoes out there in good condition. She got this really cute pair of granddad shoes, and a pair of really nice ankle boots (also leather and made in NZ). Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures

4 comments:

  1. Give them a spray with water and stuff balled up newspaper in them to stretch. Even better, if you have an old shoe stretcher, whack that in.
    Lovely to have you stop by my blog and introduce yourself. Your shoes are a treat. I'm sure they'll give a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to give that a try! Thanks so much for taking the time have a read.

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and I love it!! You have such great style; great place for inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE those shoes!! Need to find some like this for my online vintage collection!

    www.pinkyvintage.blogspot.com

    XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...