Friday, 29 June 2012

Hoodies and Boat-shoes








I literally just got home from an op-shop trip. Only a short trip because the weather is so utterly crap! I only visited 2 shops and bought ONE thing! I was practicing self-control, which is extremely rare for me. But what I did get was utterly amazing. A pair of leather boat shoes for $9.00. I am in heaven! It’s actually a bit silly how excited I am.

The shoes fit me perfectly! And in my opinion they are the nicest colours. I am super happy that they are more navy than red making them more practical, but they still have that nautical flare.  In summer I will pretty much live in these, they are some of the most comfy shoes I own. I was quite shocked to see these on the shelf in the store because they look as if they have never been worn before. Not that I am complaining. I had a look online and leather boat shoes, like these are normally $90.00 so I think I did pretty well for mine. I love them so much that I am wearing them as I write!

As for the hoodie, I bought this last Saturday but didn’t photograph it as had put it out to the wash. Ops. I nearly didn’t buy this. I wasn’t quite sure if I needed a giant men’s hoodie? But it was so cold I thought what the heck. I am so glad I did. I have been living in this hoodie; it’s so big and warm; perfect for snuggling up in.  Again I was really surprised to see this in an op-shop. It is originally from H&M, first off that store isn’t even in NZ, let alone in op-shops?

You also might notice that this is the first post I have styled an outfit for, as you can probably tell I am super un- photogenic. Sorry about that. As for the outfit its nothing special, I just chucked this on to go op-shopping in. Everything I am wearing is 100% op-shopped – I love it when that happens, it makes me feel special. Not really sure why?

16 comments:

  1. What a bargain!!

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog you have. I know what you mean about feeling special when everything you wear is charity shop bought. I get such a kick out of that as well! I've only done it for one-and-a-half years, but seeing what's already happened to my wardrobe in that time, I can only imagine what it'll look like in another three or four years as I add and edit! Thrifting is the best! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is really nice and such good buys, I love finding a bargain :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you're blog, dear. I follow u, hope u follow back :)
    A lot of kisses.

    http://zapatodetacon.blogspot.com.es/
    :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your lovely comment, and yes, there's definitely something very special about books! i really like your blog and your photos! and your wardrobe looks so cool in the other post! would you like to follow each other?

    XXX

    http://herzbluttun.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment girlie...so cool that you live where Miranda shot those rag and bone pictures! Who knows, maybe you'll run into her one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  7. i used to have some boat shoes, but i wore them so much the soles started to come off, sad times ): these ones are gorgeous though! they were such a bargain aswell! :)xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the shoes!! Thanks for your comment :)

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

    http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

    ReplyDelete
  9. those boat shoes were an excelent buy! Loved them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the boat shoes :) you can buy if you want them , can ship international xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit, sucks about the weather but those boat shoes are so cool! The colours are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shoes are great, i love them on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. the shoes are wicked! i love a good bargain too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shoes are lovely, great find! Thanks for visiting my blog lovely :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those shoes!! And your blog :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really want some boat shoes - you're just fanning the flames of lust here!

    ▲ WOLF WHISTLE ▲

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...