Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Blazer







If you have read some of my other posts then you will know that I went a bit nuts and purchased 3 blazers within 2 weeks. This is the last blazer that I picked up; I also got this one in Opportunity for Animals. It cost $6.00, what a bargain!

The reason that I like this blazer is the colour, it’s a very neutral tone that will go with anything, and considering I also just purchased a rust coloured blazer and a tweed pattern one a plain one will definitely come in handy. I already have a cardigan this colour that I love and literally wear all the time, there isn’t a colour it doesn’t go with. Where I am it's winter, so to keep warm I am always layering clothes. The neutral tone of this blazer means that I can easily put this on over the top of whatever I am wearing to add warmth, which is always helpful.

This was a bargain at $6.00 for a designer blazer. The blazer is by Ashley Fogel, a New Zealand designer. Although I don’t op-shop specifically to get designer garments at op-shop prices, some people do. It’s beyond me why you would totally disregard the rest of the amazing clothes in op-shops just because they are not designer. However, in saying that I do appreciate the amount of detailing designer clothes have.  For example, the structure of this blazer is amazing, the collar is beautiful. I am also quite fond of the double pocket and the single button. They are all just little details that add to the style of the blazer.





And finally, as you may of noticed, this blazer is a size 12 meaning it a little to big for me. But I do prefer my blazers a slightly larger fit making them more casual. I don’t really fancy looking like a wanna-be office worker.

9 comments:

  1. Nice blazer!
    Looking forward to see a picture of an outfit with this blazer.

    xx nonnatiwow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely blazer! :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blazers, they are such versatile, stylish pieces! I can't wait to see how it looks on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the basic camel blazer. It should definitely be a staple in any girl's wardrobe.
    And thanks for the lovely comment! I'm really excited to follow you after what I've been reading and hope you'll return the favor.

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the sweet comment, I was so happy to have you stop by! I love your detailed garment photos - will be following <3

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blazer :)! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. After reading through some of your posts I have come to the conclusion that your local Op Shop is much better than mine! Haha. Lizy x
    http://beautybylizy.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO jelly about that blazer. Where do you live in NZ? I'm in Auckland and have a hard time finding op-shops that aren't super expensive {well, expensive for op-shops} haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to say i am quite pleased with it myself. I am from wellington. As for op-shops i highly recommend St Vincent De Pauls, there will be loads of them in Auckland. I do reviews on op-shops, you could have a look, they might be helpful?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...