Saturday, 23 June 2012

One Windy Op-shop Trip











Here are today's op-shop finds, as promised.  I am honestly one of the most dedicated shoppers I know. Not only did I wake up early to head out to the shops (9.00 a.m. on a Saturday!), but I also had to battle the elements, the wind here at the moment is nuts! Wellington is living up to its reputation of being the windiest city in the world! And stupid me, I rolled out of bed, flung on the nearest thing I could find, which happened to be a skirt. It was not till I ventured outside my house that I realised just how windy it was. Me being my lazy self couldn’t be bothered to change so spent half the day walking from shop to shop holding down my skirt. Hopefully I didn’t flash anyone.

Today I just did my normal Kilbirne – Newtown route, but I only visited four of the nine shops. I had plans for 3.30 so I had to be snappy.  And before you go ‘OMG she shopped from 9-3’, I didn’t get to the first shop till 11.30, and I have to walk everywhere so it takes time.  I visited my 2 favourite stores, Vinnie’s and Opportunity for Animals as well as the Salvation Army. I would say the Kilbirne Salvation Army is the best in Wellington – if you’re in the area check it out. Today I spent a total of $33.00 for a jacket, bag, t-shirt, hoodie (no photo sorry it’s in the wash) a shirt, a shirt dress and a woollen pull over. Not bad if I do say so myself!

In the next few days you can look forward to seeing all my lovely finds in more detail

10 comments:

  1. Ooh great finds! The sweater and jacket look awesome :)
    Thank you for your kind comment! I know what you mean regarding bags - I'm not a fan of the shiny bags either. Distressed leather is the way to go :)

    from L U A R

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! thanks so much for dropping bye, its always nice to say hi to people :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely purchases! :) Sounds like a very productive morning :)

    I'd love to see photos of how you style the items you've bought - I find looking at how others wear things really inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great i will keep that in mind. I just have to figure out a way of taking the photos!
      Anna

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! I cant wait to wear it!
      Anna

      Delete
  4. Great finds, I love that polka dot shirt !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to follow your blog too! Holy, your thrift finds are the BEST! Where do you thrift? I only thrift around my local area, but I'm heading to Newtown this weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Where are you from? I shop in newtown, kilbine, miramar as well as the the town salvation army stores. If you want i could write you a list of places to visit?
      Anna

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...