Sunday, 3 June 2012

Rose Bud Shirt






I already own a billion second-hand shirts, and really don’t need anymore. Yet on Friday when I went out op-shopping I still managed to pick up four new shirts… typical. This floral one was by far my favourite. When I walked in to the Salvation Army store, as soon as I saw the fabric I knew I had to buy it. I am honestly such a sucker for floral prints on black. It’s an easy way to tone down the feminine aspect a lot of floral patterns have. I also love this fabric because of the tiny little rose buds, which are so adorable, and I think the colours are nice.

This cost me $7.00, which I thought was pretty pricey for a shirt, but I loved the fabric so much I didn’t care. It’s a size 18, which is huge but I like the oversized, slouchy fit. It means the fabric drapes really nicely.

Another detail that I love on this shirt, (I did a pretty poor job photographing it - sorry!) are the little pleats on the cuff of the shirt, which sounds really weird but really it just means that when I button the cuffs they hang nicely. And finally, I like the collar of this shirt. I don't know how to describe it. It’s original and looks really cute tucked over pull-over jerseys. 




4 comments:

  1. I think this sort of collar is called a shawl collar, but I can't really tell from the photos. I'll have to check in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear its crazy how much you know about clothes ! But very helpful :)

      Delete
  2. this will work great with a pair of pants or if you want to wear it with a skirt. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am wearing it with a skirt as we speak, have to say, it looks quite nice :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...