Sunday, 24 June 2012

Updated wardrobe Stats



Please excuse the cat. 



Hopefully you can kinda see the split?


I have been doing a fair bit of shopping lately, so I thought it was about time I updated you all on my wardrobe stats. What I found was rather scary. I have gotten to the point where I no longer have enough hangers in my wardrobe to put all my clothes on. This is probably going to sound a tad pathetic, but it actually makes me sad that I have so many clothes and I don’t get to wear them all because of the dreaded school uniform. For a while I couldn’t justify buying new clothes I wouldn’t wear, no matter how cheap. However, I have now come to the conclusion that it’s really important that I do bulk up my wardrobe, as next year I have to kiss goodbye my uniform. Therefore, I will need lots of lovely clothes to wear full time. Admittedly, I am still slightly worried that in one month I have gained twenty new items of clothing. That’s not even counting jewellery, shoes, or bags. Either that’s really sad and I need to get a life, or someone should be giving me a pat on the back for being so dedicated.

Here are the stats:

June 25th                                                                                            May  15th
First hand items – 12                                                                          First hand items - 11
Op-shopped – 57                                                                             Op-shopped - 37
Total = 69                                                                                         Total = 48


I think it’s safe to say I am op-shopper through and through. For me there is nothing better than finding something amazing in the piles of…. Not so amazing clothes.  I would highly recommend you try op-shopping in your local area, it’s so worth it if you find something you love, and the best thing is chances are no one else will have it. Feel free to ask any questions I have a billion tips if anyone is interested.

32 comments:

  1. such a cute blog, thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha love your cat :) But I think you should get a pat on the back! It is great to have clothes that make you, YOU! Love it if we could follow each other :)

    xoxo

    mloescloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never excuse the cat. Every post should have a cat in it. ;)

    I love looking in other people's wardrobes- it's creepy, maybe- but I do. I charity-shop (op-shop/thrift, so many terms for it!) nearly everything. I should try and work out how much though- but I bet it's in similar proportions, just maybe less over all. Broke! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do figure it out let me know, i would be really interested. That sounds a tad creepy doesn't it?
      haha Anna.

      Delete
  4. Thank u so much for visiting my blog, and thank u for your words. If you want us to follow each other, just lemme know! xoxo
    http://fashionfauxpas-mintjulep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! I'm not sure what op-shopping is and I might sound dumb because of it, but if it has anything to do with thrifty shopping, I'm sold. Haha. I understand the whole uniform thing though, that was the worst part of Catholic school for me. Either way, I say pat on the back. You could be addicted to much worse. :)

    www.coveredinthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Op-shopping is the same as thrifting or charity store shopping. Thank you for the kind comment.

      Delete
  6. You have a lovely wardrobe & I don't mind the cat I actually love it it makes the pictures more real for me.
    I wouldn't worry about you amounting of clothes, people collect comics and stuff they can't exactly wear those can they ? I think it is simply more practical to collect clothes.
    How long will you have to wear uniform for ? In England in most schools unless your going to a private school you can wear your own clothes in the sixth form (years 12&13) as a privilege. I'm going into year 12 in September it will be so liberating to be in my own clothes !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your comment of finding a something special in a pile of random stuff! I'm assuming op-shopping is thrifting so yes completely agree! It looks like you have some great pieces in your wardrobe! x

    http://callmenames.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed with the amount of thrifting! You can find some wonderful gems. Thank you for the comment on my blog; in reponse to your comment about F21, haha you're welcome! I had never been to one before coming to America on holiday once upon a time, since I think we only have one or two in the UK, and none are near me. I'm jealous of you living in New Zealand though, that's one place I want to visit, gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice photos! I totally understand how you feel - I went to a uniform high school..so glad I'm done with that now!

    btw I'm currently hosting a dress giveaway on my blog & would like to invite you to enter :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I want all your clothes!! I'm so jealous xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your clothes! What a great, unique kind of post! :) love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the effect of these pics! cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello excellent entries with good images,
    have a magnificent space, if you like poetry I invite you to my space with poems full of emotion, have a nice day.
    greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You're wardrobe is so funky and... Tidy! I wish mine looked that organised instead of looking as though a bomb went off in it. :)
    Oh, and your cat is adorable. I love cats but I am not currently in a position to have one. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cat is adorable! Is op-shopping thrifting? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the sweet comment :) Cute post :)
    xx
    Daysha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow i have never thought about doing my wardrobe stats!
    Xx
    http://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to have a big wardrobe clearout as I've also run out of hangers!! I need to get better at finding things in op shops!

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  19. hahah thats such a good idea to keep track of your wardrobe stats! Your wardrobe looks great though :)

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea!
    I remember counting my cardigans when I was about 15/16 and had 48.. god only knows what I'd have now!

    Maybe it's better if I don't count?! haha

    Great post though!

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cardigans are honestly the best!

      Delete
  21. whoa what a closet - that's rather impressive!

    latrDAYS
    - katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its a bit of a mess really!

      Delete
  22. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your sense of style is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, MISSIFFA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words, i checked out your blog and i am now a follower.
      Thanks !

      Delete
  23. Great post , wish I was as organised! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...