Monday, 9 July 2012

Check Shirt





I picked this shirt up a while ago when I was in Blenheim staying with some family. I went to the Savemart there and bought this. Out of the whole of Savemart, which is a giant warehouse full of second hand clothing this is all I bought! It cost me $9.00 and is in pretty good condition. As for check shirts I am quite fond of them but I am extremely picky with what ones I buy. When shopping I try and look for ones with a limited colour pallet – so that it’s relatively easy to wear with other garments and I also like for them to be fitted. I see so many that honestly look like tents. They are huuuuge!

This shirt fits me pretty well, the only thing is that’s it’s a tiny bit too short, you can’t really tell because I am wearing a high waist skirt, but with jeans it doesn’t look so great! Also with this shirt I really love how the buttons do up all the way to the collar, in my opinion it looks cute. But then again I might have a warped perception of what’s ‘cute’. As for the outfit, I am wearing my pewter flats, $9.00 from save mart, Recycle boutique cardi $17.00, cotton skirt $10.00 and the necklace and bangles are from my mum! For jewellery there is nothing better than having a rummage through a relative’s jewellery box. I have acquired some great stuff from my mum and gran! 

21 comments:

  1. The collar on the shirt is awesome!!

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great find! And I love your jewelry! Over here in the states, Savemart is a Supermarket! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! Is it?! I had no idea! Haha.

      Delete
  3. I just love all your outfits, you are such a cutie. Such a sweet blog and I'm so glad to follow it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind of you! To be honest i am surprised anyone follows me at all! Haha :)

      Delete
    2. Don't be silly of course people will want to follow your blog, its so beautiful :D

      Delete
  4. RE your comment above, your blog is brilliant so don't be at all surprised! I love this look, especially the checked shirt with the cardi combo is so lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reallu cute outifits! Each piece is perfect with the others.
    Is it your room? I fell in love of your wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wall!

    Sarah x
    www.tellhershesdreaming.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this style, its so retro, P.s I love your bedroom wall. so cool. now following xx

    natalie
    http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. top bargain outfit you've got there! the buttons up to the top look lovely and the cardigan is so cute :) i love the chain too, thanks for your lovely comment. i'm happy to be your 100th follower! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That shirt is lovely! Love how your have styled it to xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool outfit, looks so comfy but cute :)

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it the coolest thing to get things handed down from mom and grandma? :) I love it. I also love the glimpses of your room ... so obviously personal and all you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the kind of 'schoolgirl' prep look meets edgy with the skirt being on the shorter side. looks good!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the outfit!! I wish it was cool enough here to wear cardigans... fall can't come quick enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shirt, I really like it's buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this isn't what the post is about but I LOVE your eiderdown so much. Is it vintage? I have a very similar one that belonged to my great-grandmother, but my parents didn't take care of it so it's mostly disintegrated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...