Thursday, 12 July 2012

Denim, Glasses & Silver








On Wednesday I had to go in to town relatively early (for a holiday morning) for a meeting, which finished early so I thought what else is there to do but op-shop when you’re in town? So headed on over to the Salvation Army when I passed a store that I hardly ever go in to. It’s a cross between a second hand goods store and an antiques store. Whenever I go in there they always have so much lovely furniture that I would be tempted to buy if I had a house to put it all in! As I walked past I remembered that they sold a fair bit of jewellery in there, I didn’t really expect to see much but I went in any way. And I am so pleased I did! They had so much lovely jewellery for super cheap! I will be honest, I find it quite hard to find nice jewellery in op-shops, and generally it’s all tacky looking plastic beads and things like that. But with this place all my problems are solved! I am heading back in to town today so I might pop in and see what I can find!

So from the store that I have re-discovered, I bought the silver chain, which I think is supposed to be a necklace? But its choker length which I am not too fond of – I don’t really want to look like I am wearing a dog collar! So I decided I would wrap it around my wrist as a bracelet. Which I think looks much better! What really loved about this chain were the bead like strips on it – not quite sure how to explain them? I just thought they were a nice detail and something that you don’t see that often which of course I am always quite fond of. Finding this place again is great because I am always going in to the retail jewellery stores and I can never find anything worth buying. It’s all just so tacky looking and poor quality. And the chain cost $3.00 – such a bargain!

I also picked up the pair of sunglasses in the same shop. These were a bit of an impulse buy. I saw them and I fell in love with the shape of them and the colour. I possibly will never wear them! I am undecided on if they suit my face shape or not? But I thought they were so great looking, I couldn’t leave them in the store for $5.00!

Finally I went to the Salvation Army and found this denim jacket. It cost $12.00, which is a little on the pricey side of things. But it fits me and I have been looking for so long to find one that I like and that fits! 

Anna

23 comments:

  1. You make me want to go op-shopping so much! Second-handed clothes look unique :)

    c<3
    http://shalalalas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, chokers are kind of weird but turning it into a bracelet was the perfect solution. Looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I can say is: well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright, I don't think my original comment posted... hopefully not, otherwise you're going to read two really similar comments from me haha.

    Anyways, I know exactly what you mean when you wrote about walking into a thrift store and wanting so badly to purchase all of the antique furniture but not having the place to put it!! I was so thrilled this summer to FINALLY indulge and buy all of the beautiful furniture I wanted since I'm moving into my own place at the end of this August :)

    And that bracelet (used to be choker) is so great, I love it! Plus I really love the double-wrap look of bracelets so I think you did the right thing in wearing it this way instead of as a necklace ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jacket is such a great find! I need to get myself a denim jacket, and it would be great if I found it at a thrift store!

    Check out my post on Anthony and Elle about what I found at the thrift store and let me know what you think (you are the thrift-shopping guro, after all)!

    http://anthonyelle.com/2012/07/thrifty-thursday-thrift-store-finds.html

    xoxo
    Elle Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are great picks! This post really makes me want to go out and find a denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A denim jacket is such a classic! Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Anna :)
    Thank you so much for such an inspirational comment. ^^
    You have such a wonderful blog, gladly followed through GFC.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bracelet/necklace is really nice, it has that classy "I'm expensive" look about it. Nice understated design. I know the problem with jewellery in charity shops too, I've only ever got one ring I think, though 80% of my wardrobe is second hand. I'll have a look out for antique shops, it's a good idea for jewellery. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sunglasses are gorgeous, you always find such amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That necklace looks beautiful as a bracelet, so simplistic and lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those glasses, they're so unique! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your simple silver chain, very charming <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice sunnies!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shape of these glasses looks amazing! Did you try them on? Often it's so difficult to find some which fit the shape of your face :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. WIENERZ. please follow me on dacatspyjamas.blogspot.com and be in for a special surprise baby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the jacket!

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post dear! Love it ^^ You have a great blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh you really take care in taking your photographs...so lovely!

    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...