Monday, 16 July 2012

D.I.Y Mood Board



Recently I did a post on my room, which has proved to be quite popular to my surprise! I had lots of lovely comments regarding my walls which I cover in photos, drawings and magazine clippings. So I figured a few of you might be interested in this post. If you missed the room post click HERE to have a look. As I was trawling through the internet the other day, as you do when avoiding copious amounts of homework, I stumbled upon this genius idea. It’s such a simple yet effective and cost friendly way to make a mood board or piece of wall art.

 When I am done with having my walls completely covered I am tempted to give this a go! I personally would try this out in my room at home, but it would also work really well in an art studio or office space. The options for this are limitless; you could create all kinds of shapes, or spell out words and fill them in your favourite images or inspirations. I was also thinking it would be great for people who love to make mood boards of their favourite style icons so they can look at them while planning out fits? And the best thing is when you feel like you need a change you can peel the tape of the walls. Perfect for people such as myself who get the urge to change wall displays constantly!

As I mentioned, this was found o the internet therefor not my own image. And i have lost the URL - Sorry! 
Also I assume everyone knows masking tape is a tape used by decorators designed to stick to walls but not ruin tape?

13 comments:

  1. That's such a creative idea! I love it. It'd look really good in your room, too :)
    - Rhiannon
    laviedelamourx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really cool and the frame just gives the extra little touch.
    You have some amazing interior ideas (:
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award !
    http://sheworefashionout.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/inspo13-live-my-life-in-technicolour.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo this would also be really cute if you actually paint the room after applying the tape... that way the room could be a nice bold color and then you have a "frame" of white where you could showcase clippings! :)

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant idea, wish i could get away with doing that in my room... Not sure the landlord would appreciate huge sticky marks left on the paintwork *sigh*
    Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for passing by my blog & leaving a lovely comment

    Love Roza xxx
    http://alittlebitofroza.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really like your blog lol it's all organised ;) and not (i don't know how to explain it) not jumbled! yeah jumbled! because i'm OCD & a little bit of a neat freak.. hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY HEY! I like the idea! I even tried something similar in the past, but it stripped the paint of my walls! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have done something similar to this where I've taken the glass out of frames and just hung the frame and then taped things to the wall inside it.

    I'm not OCD but I do get a bit stressed our if I have too many things jumbled up on the wall so this has worked perfectly for me.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog this morning- always nice to find another Anna!!

    Anna x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I really love mood boards. I think that's why I'm so addicted to Pinterest. Online mood-boarding... what could be better?

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT GREAT Idea! I'd love to be able to do this but i'd get a right bollocking from my mum. Maybe when I get my own place...
    Georgia X
    thestyleeejournal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is such an amazing idea! I definitely need to try this out in my room!

    Amazing blog as well, would you like to follow each other? :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...