Thursday, 5 July 2012

Maxi skirt









Here is my beloved new maxi skirt. I was so excited to find this! For ages I have been looking for one but they have all been too short for me, which was a bummer but now that I have found this one all is forgiven. It was $6.00 from sallies.

I love the pattern of this maxi, its floral without being too flowery? That doesn’t really make sense, but what I mean is that I like that it’s almost a pattern made out of leaves opposed to flowers? I also really like the fact that this skirt is navy. I love navy, it goes with anything. It’s like a better version of black in my opinion. I can’t wait to wear this in the summer, I wore it out yesterday to the supermarket of all places.. It was kinda cold but I love it so much I didn’t care. Another detail I am loving are the buttons down the front. They are that shiny shell stuff? Not quite sure how to explain it, but I think they are really pretty and a nice detail.

For this outfit I also wore my new little bag that I also got from sallies, it was $5.00. Its real leather and I am literally in love with it. Only problem is it won’t fit my wallet in it. Do I care? No. I also wore my cord jacket that I got from the lovely Savemart for $15.00. A tad on the expensive side but I love it. And finally my trusty white shirt, which was $4.00 from Opportunity for animals. This is also another 100% op-shopped outfit. 

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! I sometimes think I post too many photographs of food(yeah I'm the weird girl at the restaurant with her camera taking pictures of food and complaining about the lighting hahah) but I swear those pictures were accumulated over a number of months - not in one sitting hahhaha.

    You have an amazing closet of clothes - I've tried my hand at thrifting, but I never seem to find anything I like! So I've kind of degenerated into wearing black again eheheheh.

    Thanks again for visiting!

    Sincerely,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is lovely, and so is the purse! So cute! I find it is so hit or miss when I go thrifting to find something specific, but every once in a while you can totally score. And your cat is darling!!

    I just did a Moonrise Kingdom themed outfit on my blog, head on over if you like!

    xoxo
    www.prettylittlefawn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the print, very fun and summery!

    http://avatallulah.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I really like your blog! You can check out my new blog at www.thecottagediaries.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt is so gorgeous and your bag is amazing too!xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment, I literally blushed reading!!

    Girl, you have a huge sense of style, let me tell you! I love every piece of this outfits...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're cute ikjfej and I ADOREE that skirt!lovely blog you have!
    PS where'd you get that shelf in background?yea, I know, weird question, but annnnyways
    http://fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the skirt too!
    and your cat is adorable

    http://unlieudelamode.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you! i love your blog too. you've got very beautiful pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is lovely. I love the dress and little handbag! I'm a sucker for vintage bags! xx

    http://prettyprettypenny.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pictures are stunning, and your style is so much fun <3
    x
    -Imani Love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your comment, love that skirt and your pictures are amazing :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like the print in your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! I like the jacket with it too. This is definitely a versatile skirt!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely skirt, the print is amazing.
    I also adore the locations you are in your home looks so personalised & beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im looking for a nice maxiskirt or dress too, but its so difficult, being petite! love it on you though, and your bag is lovely too!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your skirt and your jacket,so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the skirt and the pattern!!! i agree, it's flowery but not in an obnoxious way! and wow, for only $6? definitely a steal in my book! and a 5$ leather bag? just too awesome.

    alex @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely amazing outfit!the skirt is so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely outfit! I love your kitty! Such a cutie! I miss my cats haha xx

    {Satin&Souffles}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute outfit...love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look amazing with your maxi skirt. We love it!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    ♥ SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    ♥ BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. just had a look though your blog, I love and I love your cat!! soo cute xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...