Tuesday, 10 July 2012

My Room














I debated with myself on whether or not I should write this post. I see a lot of ‘room tour’ posts on YouTube and they seem to be quite popular. I personally enjoy watching them and think you can tell o a lot about a person from their room. In saying that the whole ‘room tour post’ doesn’t really fit in with what I normally post on blog, but I guess rules are made to be broken and ultimately it’s my blog so I will post whatever I feel. For those of you who aren’t that interested in my room I suggest you stop reading now. What lead to me writing this post is all the positive comments I received about what you can see in the background of my room, on the basis of that I figured some of you might read this.

My room is pretty eclectic, as you can probably tell. When I was little and first got a room to myself my mum and dad painted it all up and got me cute kiddie curtains, but told me I wasn’t allowed to stick stuff on my walls as it would ruin the new paint work. A few years ago we moved house I started to make up for lost years of not being able to stick things on my walls! I kinda like to think of them as a giant mood board? I know that a lot of people use a cork board and pin stuff to it? I just decided to use my walls. Originally I started with just one wall covered and then at the start of this year I decided why not do all four? I am a creative person and do a lot of painting, design and photography in my room and gazing at my walls in a great help when I a little stuck for inspiration.

As for my ever growing wardrobe, you may have noticed that there are no doors? I am such a messy person that I used to just chuck things in there and close the doors as a form of ‘tidying’ it got to the point where the doors fell off their railing so my dad had to take them off and fix them,  at the moment they are somewhere up in our garage – I doubt I will ever see them again. I personally like how it looks and it did mean that I now have to keep my wardrobe tidy.

I also just want to add, no I am not an alcoholic, I use old glass bottles to decorate my room.
And finally I just wanted to say thank you to all my followers! I reached 100 last night! When I started this blog I had no idea what I was doing, luckily I have had a friend who has helped me muddle through! I am surprised that I have any followers to be honest, I am really grateful for you all. Reading your comments makes my day!

Let me know if you enjoyed this post and if you have any questions.

38 comments:

  1. Your room is so divine! Especially the view from your window. I love that little section off area to hang your clothes, wish I had that :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love being able to gaze in to my wardrobe and be able to plan what I will wear :)

      Delete
  2. Great room! If you don't mind me asking, what city in NZ do you live in? That view looks strangely familiar....

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're room is lovely :-) and your view is amazing! Very jealous.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room so much!!! Everything about it is just great. I love when walls are covered like a mood board. It looks lovely where you live, in fact it reminds me so Astoria in the Goonies film. P.s. I want that rucksack you have hanging on the wall next to your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your room is awesome!!
    I nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger award!!!
    - Jordy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your room is amazing! It's so unique and creative.
    And you have such a great view! :D
    - Rhiannon
    laviedelamourx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your room! Really! And what a wonderful view!
    I always wanted to do something like that on mine, it doesn't reflect myself, but I'm too lazy, I suppose... Anyway, I just decided to change my room, and only thank to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your room very much! and your cat! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Fantastic romm :) Beautiful view from the window!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bedroom is amazing! I'm envious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg the bottles. Omg the pictures. Omg the sight. Omg the everything. I claim myself as your fan #1.

    c<3
    http://shalalalas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love being nosy and getting a view into real people's houses! I love the moustache man print on your wall! x

    Kim

    http://whatpeggysaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That view from your window is absolutely STUNNING; so jealous!! And those three framed floral prints(?) are so pretty, I'm jealous <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. your room looks awesome! haha I love to stick stuff on my walls, too, they're all covered with posters and newspaper clippings and stuff! xx

    http://coffeebooksandcitylights.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the comment on my blog, I really appreciate it; Chic Geek Blogger is now only 7 followers from 300- please follow and spread the word!

    Gorgeous bedroom, it has a great vintage vibe to it- I wish my room was that tidy :)

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    Please take a minute to look at my trunkshow;

    http://iouproject.com/tsh/jessica-karen/

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah your room is def eccentric, I love it!
    looks very cozy and original!
    :) I like the pictures and poster on the wall too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all the little mementos you have up on the walls, great for remembering special times! :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the followers :)

    I Was about to comment 'look at all the booze!' then I read that they are all empty!
    Your room is amazing! xx

    http://asliceofmylifewales.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. :o
    YOUR ROOM IS PACKED WITH AMAZINGNESS!
    and your walls...woah..!

    http://cottonmixblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these posts! I just took pictures for my own one, (well apartment post, not room) your room is so interesting. If I was a geust in your house I would literally just stand there looking at things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your room looks really cute :) the view from your window is amazing!!

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love it!! your kitty and the photos up on the walls...perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This room is fab! I want mine to look like this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a lovely room,it looks so cozy and personal,love that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your room kinda sorta looks really awesome, I wish my room looked like that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, your room is amazing!! Love all the artwork and the alcohol bottles are so awesome, great idea

    Scarr xx
    http://scarlette910.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your room seems so cozy! And you have such a wonderful view. I love all the old bottles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love so muuuch :o
    ♥ CommeDesGrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your room kind of reminds me of my old room. Lovely room!

    http://aclosetofchaos.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. love your room. the view is so fuckin' amazing. I wish i could see that every single day, on my window.
    i think you just inspired me to put some photos on my walls!
    oh, and look at all those booze!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love all the bottles than line your window! Your room looks so cosy, like an organised mess? Haha, thanks for leaving the link to your blog, I really like it! :)
    Ami

    thisplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I actually thought there to many drinking bottles but they actually give a chic look to the room. But i love ur room is really cosy. And the story with the wardrobe so funny .HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  33. i so much love your room!!
    Have a sweet and brilliant day!!
    Greeting from ヽ(^。^)ノ

    (●^o^●) Visit my blog? http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/
    and let me know if you like to follow each other (just making friends) But if you don't like, it's still ok :D no problems at all (*^。^*)



    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com/

    。。。。。。。。。。xoxo。。。。。。。。ヽ(´∀`彡)ノ。。

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love all the personal touches to your room, and the view out the window is incredible! x x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...