Saturday, 14 July 2012

Pretty Patterns







The other day I saw an interview with Kim Kardashian,  I was interested to find out that she thinks, I quote ‘ Leopard print and black is a timeless classic’ possibly this is true and I am all my own thinking that wearing a leopard print dress can make you look like a cougar… (Older woman stalking younger men in a sexual way – not really that classy?) But who am I to question the all-knowing Kardashians?

When buying clothes I am always drawn to patterns, I find it so boring wearing only block colours. Therefore I usually find myself wearing multiple patterns, which can look a little full on  but for me it just adds interest to an outfit. When looking in chain stores there are often some really nice patterns, for example the Aztec looking ones. I really liked them but then there’s the whole: everyone else is wearing the same thing and 20 other shops will soon have this pattern in slightly different colours…  

One thing that I really love about op-shops is that there is never a shortage of amazing prints – especially retro ones from the 80’s and 90’s. Personally I am often drawn to stripes and floral. Which there is generally an abundance of, as you can probably tell from my outfit posts?  The other thing about buying op-shop pieces is that if you found a pattern out love but the colours are not so great you could choose to dye it. Ultimately it was only a couple of dollars so if you ruin it’s not the end of the world. This will probably make me sound like a loon, but i find it super exciting when i find a print i love. Patterns are one of those things that can really change your wardrobe and take and ordinary outfit to being something a little more exciting. Especially if you can manage clashing patterns, which i know all too well can be a tad tricky!

Anna

14 comments:

  1. Those clothes are so pretty!!

    http://meine-schadenfreude.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIVE FOR PATTERNED GOODS! hehe
    Yeah, wearing multiple prints at the same time IS a tad tricky I must say, it's easy to do it all wrong :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, that's honestly one of the nicest comments I've ever gotten! <3 I just love amazing prints. So many good florals at thrifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and thanks for stopping by my blog, I am definitely following!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love prints in all variations as well, sometimes it's just difficult to find accesories that go along with it and don't clash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol right now you have a typo... but a funny one:
    "older woman stalking younger me in a sexual way"; I'm sure you meant "younger MEN" not the child version of yourself haha ;)

    But yes, prints are so timeless! I don't care what the pattern is, so long as you layer them in a classy way they will always look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog <3 made me smile!
    Means a lot to me, thanks again sweetie.
    your blog is just as lovely!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog a few weeks ago. Thing like that really give me a boost to carry on. The patterns and fabrics in this post are lovely, what a great range you've got!

    Lindsey xo

    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just come across your blog and I love it! I'm now your newest follower :)
    Would love it if you could check out my blog!

    www.thingsolivialoves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the wonderfully sweet comment and visiting my blog :)

    Yay for pretty fabrics and patterns such as these!!

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome post!
    x


    Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    P.S check out my giveaway and win some awesome chic 3D Glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photographs. All the fabrics look cute together:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Second one.

    Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...