Monday, 30 July 2012

REDISCOVERED - Outfit







On Saturday I was having a bit of clean out in my room and I rediscovered a whole lot of clothes I had in the bottom of my draws. If you’re a regular reader then you will know that pretty all my clothes hand up in my open wardrobe - The door are in dads garage. He's 'Fixing them'. I was super excited to find my Lone Star t-shirt; I haven't worn in in so long! I had completely forgotten about it. I a tonne of other stuff which I am not quite sure what to do with? I hardly wear it and it seems a bit of waste. I am considering selling some things online. Its an idea I have had for a while. If you’re an op-shopper/thrifter/charity store shopper you will completely be able to sympathies with me on this: I am always finding beautiful things that are just not my style or won’t fit me but are still waaaay too nice to leave in a charity store. Especially when you know someone else would really love it but might not find it. I thought why not buy up all the nice things I see, my size or not are sell them online? That way people don’t have to do the dirty work. You can try and deny it but most people are lazy and can’t be bothered going through racks and racks of clothes -Unless they are well and truly hooked on all things vintage and second hand. At this point in time it’s really just a dream, Mostly because I don’t have time with the mountain of school work and to be honest I am just not really that sure how the whole thing would work? How do you sell things online – I imagine it would be especially hard living all the way over in New Zealand?  Let me know what you guys think!?

As for the outfit, it’s just the same old – 100% second hand. I really need to buy some new shoes! I swear I am only ever wearing these ones!! I have probably already gotten $9.00 wear out of them! 

22 comments:

  1. I think it's probably a natural progression for bloggers who more or less live in charity shops to move into online 2nd hand/vintage boutique curating. I've certainly had the thought too, but my blog is way too small still. Instead I've started leaving a lot of the awesome stuff I find hanging in the charity shops behind, because I'm running out of space and just can't justify getting ANOTHER great red shirt etc. As for your living in NZ, I guess international customers would have to pay extra P&P? And regarding time, it might be something to get into after you finish school or during your vacation from school when you have more time to potter about, creating a nice shop space for yourself. Anyway, good luck with it all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! Don't you love finding clothes you didn't remember you had!

    Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful outfit.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great finding clothes at the bottom of your wardrobe that you forgot you had...it happens to me all the time! Love this tee and I really really love this skirt! The pattern is lovely and looks ever so vintage with the socks too!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I have just bought a denim jacket, and I can't get enough of it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, this happen all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the online thrift idea, i've had the idea for buying second hand clothes and altering thme to sell for a while too! Motivationnnn though .. xx

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit, love a good opshopping find ;) Your photography is excellent - really love the experiments from the previous post.

    have a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a horrible habit of buying things that don't fit me just because I love the print/style/etc of an item =__=; Since I'm moving, I finally put it all in a bag to get brought back to Goodwill (which breaks my heart for SO many reasons) since it would be ridiculous to bring things that I don't use halfway across the country haha.
    If you were thinking of selling online, I think something like ebay would be a great (and easy) way to start; that way you don't have to worry about location!!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like the print on the skirt and your shoes are so cute! Please have a look at my latest blog post here and follow people http://pinkyvintagexx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/nail-alert-metallic-monochrome.html

    :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable shoes! It's awesome to find clothes you don't remember you have.

    xx Nikki noteablechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely look, has a very cool edgy rocker vibe to it that I really like!
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for the lovely comment- I think i need to searchh for a few camo jackets for my followers as tthey seem so far and inbetween to find (mine was a lucky find from a charity shop).
    love your shoes! x
    www.be-a-goddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome outfit, you look rock n roll!

    xx,
    Hybid Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it! i love buying secondhand myself - it's fun to dig through clothes and find gems! and it's usually a lot cheaper than buying new!

    i think you should definitely consider using etsy for an online shop! it should be pretty easy and it's just a great place for a virtual store-front. a lot of people sell internationally there.

    x
    shepullsthetrigger.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so cute! I love the print on the T-Shirt!

    I have a new Giveaway on my blog - feel free to check it out: http://circumculturality.blogspot.co.at/2012/07/giveaway-paperblanks.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw so glad i found a new zealander! my boyfriends from Auckland and moved over here a year ago buts going back next year.
    gotta say this but NZ people are the best people I've met hahha you are all so chilled its crazy!
    love this outfit the skirt is so good!
    following back now :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome outfit, that denim jacket is right up my alley! And with regards to international postage from NZ, I've found that if people really want something they will be willing to pay a bit extra for shipping, I'm buying from etsy far too often :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...