Thursday, 26 July 2012

WARDROBE STAPLE - a white shirt







I would highly recommend picking up all your wardrobe basics from op-shops. There is an abundance of plain white shirts and t-shirts as well as your basic cardigans and pullovers etc for crazy low prices.

So this is another one of the many shirts I picked up last Friday. It is a really simple sheer white shirt. It was $4.00 from Opportunity for Animals. For me this is just one of those plain, timeless things that are always handy to have in your wardrobe. One thing that I am really into is mixing patterns but having plain items like this shirt is always really helpful to offset the clashing. If I am being honest, this isn’t that plain, there is actually a really, really subtle floral print on it. But it’s so subtle you can hardly see it.

Another great thing about this shirt is that I can wear it in both summer and winter.  Something like this will look really nice with a pair if denim cut offs for lazy summer days. I am also considering making it a sleeveless shirt, as the sleeves are pretty weird – they sort of flare out? And because it’s a chiffon material I can’t roll them without them fall down. So perhaps I will have to unleash my inner seamstress (which could be disastrous).


Anna

22 comments:

  1. White shirts are always the best, and this is really bautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I can't believe this was £4! Its so classic! You really do need one of these in your wardrobe no matter what! And lovely blog too btw, I adore charity shopping and bagging some thrifty finds!

    Gemma x

    www.gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one amazing basic white shirt with a twist, with that subtle vine patterns :)
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be lovely with denim shorts or dip dyed! What a little bargain x

    http://laurenjadem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on snagging a good find from the op shop! the designs aren't always everyone's cup of tea but you can't go wrong with the really basic items :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's wonderful finding new items for amazing prices
    and that shirt looks like it would be great to wear
    in summer! You could add a little button to hold the
    sleeves up, perhaps?

    Good luck with it, and thank you for your lovely comment :)

    http://aclosetofchaos.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in desperate need of a "staple" white shirt, this one was a great find!


    hannah-wood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like that sheer white blouse!!

    All<3Lola

    www.fashionrecession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, it's great with an arsenal of basic items to throw into the print playing mix. And as for the misbehaving sleeves: I say cut em off! I just cut the sleeves of a floral shirt I bought in a charity shop because they weren't any way near flattering on me, and it was surprisingly easy, really. I didn't even have to break out the sewing kit; I just made sure I didn't cut the seams off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such an amazing blog! Really like the concept! The blouse in the picture is perfect, simple and stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That shirt would look soooo pretty without the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like your average classic white shirt, with a lovely twist to it. Can't wait to see how you style it!

    Lindsey xo

    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Youre right that it would be perfect for summer + winter! Love this. (I've tried sewing chiffon....nightmare bc i'm a beginner at sewing haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's such a cute shirt. It's simple, yet the embellishments make it so pretty.
    Very nice :)
    - Rhiannon
    laviedelamourx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find, it would look good without the sleeves and maybe dip dyed at the top with some studs on the collar or even left plain???

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a similar one and it's great. You can pair it with practically everything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats a must trend in every girls wardrobe!Nice post :)

    Would you mind voting for Nat Bees Fashion please:
    http://www.next.co.uk/cosmo-blog-awards/

    Thank you so much,
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love white button down blouses! definitely a must have in every closet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man oh man oh man... that subtle floral detail is GORGEOUS. Wish I had one of these!

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm obsessed with shirts right now
    and this one if awesome! Love the
    detailing.

    Have a fab weekend
    bb, xoxo

    http://ispythroughthekeyhole.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...