Wednesday, 29 August 2012

NEW OBSESSION ~ textured tops







This post is to confess my new obsession with textured tops. When I say textured tops, I am referring to lace, crochet velvet etc. I think the reason why I have been so in to these top lately is because they are a really useful piece to mix patterns with. I really love the look of having a billion different patterns and textures in an outfit but it’s such a fine balance to get it right. I personally find it’s much easier and wearable to mix a bold print and detailed but plain coloured textured top. You still get the effect of pattern just without the added hassle of colour and working two strong prints together.

I also just wanted to point out the fact that the very first top is from a retail store. I wanted to include this in the post so you can see the comparison in quality and the overall look. I understand that not everyone is keen on second hand garments and some things you would never even look at buying second hand. But I honestly think that this sort of top is better when bought in an opshop. First off there are so many of them in store thanks to the recycling of trends from generation to generation, plus them seem to have a vintage vibe that makes them seem less tacky that retail ones that every store seems to have in a different colour.

What’s your opinion on this?  So you prefer the retail top (first one) or the others?

11 comments:

  1. I love the design on the very last shirt! It looks so intricate, super awesome :D

    http://ruaninish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, those tops are amazing :)

    http://silverwriting818.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're amazing, I love the 3d mesh jumpers from American apparel, you should check them out ! They're so gorgeous I have two xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all these tops!
    and I love your blog, thanks for following mine I now follow you too!:) I love the concept of this blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, the last one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clothes ; )
    Kisses and welcome to me ; *
    http://lifebecomesbetter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely prefer thrifted textured shirts; retail ones just all seem so flat and one note to me :/ Although, being the thrift enthusiast that I am, I suppose I'm (more than) slightly biased hahah.

    Cassie
    http://thriftthick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love thrifting so I could never turn my back on it. The 5th shirt is so pretty, they are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that one with the triangles/ diamonds down the front is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving textured tops, especially the bottom two!

    thebeautymist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...