Friday, 3 August 2012

THRIFTED - Black Leather Satchel






I love this bag. I looked for so long to find one like it, trawled through a billion opshops and finally found this one. What I like most about this bag it its shape and size. I have quite a range of bags already, but most of them are pretty small (as in they can only fit my wallet, phone and a few other things). So this one will be perfect for when I go out and actually need to take something a little more substantial.

I love how the leather on this bag is so worn. I know that buying something that's all scuffed up isn't everyone's cup of tea but I personally I prefer scuffed vs. shiny new. To be honest I am a bit of a sucker for anything that looks old and pre-loved, which is possibly why I am slightly obsessed with op-shopping?
Another reason why I am so pleased I found this bag is that I really like the metal detailing, on a practical level it makes it more sturdy but over all I like the look it gives.  I get the feeling I am going to get a lot of wear out of this bag. It’s the perfect size for chucking my school books in which is handy. Especially I am not too fond of school back packs.

Hope you’re having a lovely weekend! Anna

13 comments:

  1. really like the shape and size as well! the perfect black bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag :)

    www.pinkyvintagexx.blogspot.com XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute bag, great find. So I'm ashamed to say I had to google Opshop as I just had no clue what you kept going on about ha. I'm glad you posted on my blog, as I am now a follower of yours and I love what you've got to show!

    It's Just a bit Fruity Fashion Blog

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful bag, I love older looking leather too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely bag.
    Had to google "opshop" and ooh yes I know what you mean about buying old and pre-loved things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a lovely bag! Can't remember the last time I purchased a brand new bag, opshop is the way forward :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is like the perfect bag, and pre-loved items are always great :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ran into your blog and it is very cute!
    I would love to follow each other :)

    blonderblogg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bag, what a great find! I love thrifting!!! And I love your photo quality! xxoo
    Erica
    www.ericabellio.creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that shape. Seems like the ideal bag, really. Nice find!
    -ODYSSEYhome :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...