Sunday, 5 August 2012

WORTH A LOOK - Frankie





Today’s post is a little different from the others that I normally show, but why not mix things up a bit? This post is to confess my slight obsession with magazines. It’s a relatively new thing for me, but a tad crazed none the less. In saying that, I only really read two magazines (regularly) - so I am not sure I could call myself a full blown magazine addict just yet. The first of the two I am going to share with you all is Frankie Magazine. It’s my all-time favourite. It is an Australian published magazine, is released every two months (which feels like forever!). It’s definitely aimed at the more fashion conscious, crafty and creative of the social spectrum and touches on everything from the best D.I.Y’s to social issues – but usually in a more light hearted way.

I think what really gets me about Frankie is the utter beauty. The pages are matte card, the layout is stunning, and the photography is truly beautiful. It’s almost like they took the best parts from blogging but published it in magazine form. As well as its beauty, the content is well worth the two-month wait. Interviews with up-and coming creatives, features on the latest photographers and insights in to the daily lives of: artists, musicians, boutique owners. The list goes on. Although the magazines focus is on creativity and is generally light hearted and humorous, they do touch on topics such as mental ill-ness, anorexia and depression. Which I think is really important. So many of us get absorbed in our own little creative/ blogging worlds and forget about these parts of life.

 While all of the things I just mentioned are super lovely and make for a highly enjoyable read, what I really enjoy about Frankie is its quirky-ness. This month they had reviews on the best cough lozenges – highly enjoyable read although it doesn’t sound it? And in previous issues they gave writers a ’30 day challenge’ which consisted of 30 days without: any clichés, any alcohol or buying anything new other than food – again slightly bizarre but hilarious to hear their struggles. One of my personal favorites was the article on the top ten red heads in history, such a crack up. 

This magazine is highly recommended. Track it down. It’s so worth it.
Link to their site here

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE FRANKIE! <3 Best magazine by far ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankie's such a fab mag. Your blog is absolutely adorable btw, especially love your photography! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This magazine looks great, who says jelly shoes can't be amazing ? They look fab in this mag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. I love what your blog has to offer so check it out here at It's Just a bit Fruity Fashion Blog

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never seen this magazine before but it looks amazing, v different to any english magazine ive ever seen! need to track this down! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always wanted to read Frankie but didn't know it was so quirky! Sometimes magazine like Lula (though I love it, of course) can be a little dramatic and heavy-handed. I'll definitely have to check Frankie out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my share of obsession with magazines- I used to buy so many Vogue magazines until I got bored of them because they mostly consisted of pictures! I have been wanting to purchase a Frankie magazine ever since I can recall, it even inspired me to start my very own type of magazine which is still in the making.
    Also, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :). Visit my blog for more information, I really hope you take part.
    Take care,

    http://aclosetofchaos.blogspot.co.uk

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I've always considered buying a copy of Frankie but felt it came across as too sweet? That and I donm't really buy magazines any more. Think I have to give it a shot though, those thirty day challenges sound funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are! I personally really love the humor in Frankie :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely pictures, you have to do MORE magazine posts. Wanted to try it. Can I find Frankie in London? http://www.thetiffanyannabelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not actually sure? But i would say so? If not, you can buy online. The links at the bottom of the post :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  10. I love Frankie magazine!
    you can actually buy it in england now its sold in whsmith so you should be able to find it in london there or in selfridges to above comment :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog sweets :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. GUHHHHHH I'm so sad I can't get this magazine in the US (well, I CAN, but it's $115 for a year's subscription/there's only one store in one city in my state that carries it... for only six issues that's almost $20 a pop which is so far out of my price range it's not even funny)... maybe I'll add it to my list from Santa this December :)))

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...