Tuesday, 18 September 2012

FLORAL ON BLACK


There is no denying that floral prints have been in style for a while now and are a key piece that adds femininity to any look. However I am not really a fan of looking like a girly girl, and no that does not mean I feel the need to dress like a tom-boy; I just like to have a little contrast in my outfits.
 Anyone who shops in thrift stores will know that there is an abundance of lovely floral clothing little nana’s drop off – one print in particular I am drawn to are patterns on black. It could be just a weird assumption I have in my head but I always think that having flowers on black seems to lessen the feminine quality? Making it a little more grunge, and a little less “I’m a fairy princess queen of flowers’.
Plus its makes it so much easier if you want to wear clashing prints which I often do – one less colour to consider which is always helpful.

What are your thoughts on darker floral patterns?

Anna

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely floral I agree with you, a floral pattern on black background gives a little something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a black background with a floral print probably makes you think 'less girly' since the flowers tend to take on a more autumnal palette to match the black; since Spring is sort of the epitome of 'femininity' that makes Fall just the opposite :)
    I personally love darker florals since they go much better with my skin tone!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love floral on black, i'm looking for more floral skirts!

    amy
    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love darker florals and the grunge vibe about it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...