Monday, 3 September 2012

NEW ZEALAND - Kinda what its like..?


I had planned to do this big elaborate series on New Zealand and what not as so many people have requested it, but I am honestly so stuck for what to write? Living in New Zealand means it’s really familiar to me – no surprises there.. So I actually have no clue as what you might be interested to see? So instead I have got some photos of what life in general is like over here, you may be surprised to notice there are not as many sheep or hobbits as people think.

If you have any questions, comment and I will do another New Zealand post with the answers. This is probably going to be extremely photo heavy! 




 This is Wellington, the capital of New Zealand and where i have lived for nearly 5 years! It's know for being a little bit quirky, artsy. It's the 'coolest little capital in the world' according to some magazine. Lord Of the Rings world premier was here.


 This is a photo of Christchurch, where I grew up. Sadly 2 years ago to this day there was the first of a series  of devastating and deadly earthquakes. With New Zealand being so small this really did shock the nation and was a truly awful time. Some of you may have seen it on the news? Although it was a really sad time it was so heart warming to see everyone come together and help out the' broken city'. We even had the 'Farmy Army' A bunch of farmers (hundreds of them) leave their farms for the day, bring their tractor and help with the clean up.


 My uncle was part of the farmy army - this is his farm.



 In case you were interested, this is what some of the streets here look like.


If you know anything about New Zealand, you will know rugby is our national sport and slight obsession. This is my brother playing for his school. Also, last year we hosted the rugby world cup and won!! The country actually came to a stand still with celebrations, it was crazy. 


Another shot of my brother fishing, another thing that New Zealanders enjoy seeing as we are surrounded by the sea. 







The sea we are surround by. No matter where you are in new Zealand you are never more than a few hour away from a beach. In summer that's all i do, go to the beach. Its amazing.


This is me wharf jumping, another popular summer pass time. 


This is actually my friends photo she took while skiing - i personally don't ski, but that what a lot of people travel here to do. Its very popular with the tourists and locals.




17 comments:

  1. Haha I always feel so utterly JAFA-like flicking through non-Auckland places as I've only really been around the North Island never actually set foot in the south even though I was born/raised NZ until this year when I headed overseas.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pics, I'd like to see more of them. Earthquakes are common in Italy, so I understand you...
    Have a wondergful week ^^
    ps. No hobbits? This is really, really sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous like, so so jealous hahah, looks bloody perfect out in New Zealand.
    I'm hoping to come out some time next year which i WILL make happen
    lovely post! would love to see more about your life in new zealand and stuff i find it so interesting haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Zealand looks amazing! you just sold me! the streets looks so peaceful!
    x
    www.kateyesstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wao, New Zealand looks GORGEOUS! These photos are so so pretty, I really would like to visit sometime!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! I've always wanted to visit New Zealand!

    www.rougefox.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are lovely!

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some really beautiful photos! The countryside photos just remind me of Lord of the Rings haha :D

    xx

    maribleu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos :) lovely post! :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-- thank you so much for these photos! Here in the states, I think people have such a narrow, unfamiliar idea of what New Zealand looks like. So nice to see the everyday terrain!

    And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet message! I'm loving your blog too, definitely following! I would love if you'd follow back so we can keep up with each other!!

    xoxo
    Remy
    mydailythreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful pictures!

    <3

    ps. you can now win some fabulous Sabre sunglasses on our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! New Zealand looks like a beautiful place. All those wide open spaces and vast water lands.

    Lindsey. x

    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I came to your blog, I actually said to myself "Man, she lives in New Zealand! How cool. I wonder what it's like to live there". haha
    Thanks for sharing these photos! I love the beach photos and you wharf jumping.
    Thanks for visiting my blog to, by the way, I appreciated the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even though NZ is our neighbour I've never actually visited - I haven't got any excuses! I've really got to sometime, it looks like it has the loveliest scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YOW SKI SKI MOTHERFUCKER, YOW SKI SKI GODDAMN

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to go to New Zealand!

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...