Friday, 14 September 2012

OUTFIT - DIY top





It’s finally the weekend! Posts have been seriously lacking this week, school is getting really crazy at the moment because apparently all my teachers thought it would be a fun idea to save up all my assessments and have them all due at the same time. Joy. But I have come up with a genius plan to write a few posts every weekend and then I will have them ready to go throughout the week – how organised of me!

It’s finally spring over here in New Zealand, well it’s supposed to be but I can’t bring myself to part with the tights and woolly jumpers. This past week we have had a cold snap consisting of hail, snow and a tonne of rain and wind – pretty sure it didn’t even get that cold during winter?  However I did manage to squeeze this outfit in on one of the slightly warmer days.

The shirt is actually a bit of a DIY project, I really liked the texture of the fabric but the sleeves were awful! So I chopped them off. I did consider hemming the sleeves again but I kinda like how the look now, a bit more rugged plus I am pretty awful at sewing.. As for the rest of the outfit it’s a mix of things from various opshops which most of you have probably seen before – nothing over $9.00.

Anna

12 comments:

  1. Such a cool outfit, I love the top! I love it when hems are left... un-hemmed :) your shoes are amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks lovely! I like it.. I definitely love the outfit with the denim jacket, it completes it :)

    xoxo
    http://www.fasheauty.com
    UK High Street Fashion & Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still loving the swingy-ness of that skirt!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so strange that it's going to be spring in New Zealand as here in USA it's going to be fall! I hope someday I can visit there :-) Anyways, this is such a grand idea! I tend to do this with dresses, but the not sewing the hems part makes them look..hobo-ish haha but with this it looks great! I love the skirt and your room looks so qt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it ,you look cute :)
    i´m a new Follower

    Have a happy Sunday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loove your jacket and skirt :) x

    www.ohabbiee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is adorable, such a lovely print! Thank you so much for your comment, that made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That diy turned out rather well and I love that skirt so much !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The denim jacket really completes the outfit. xA

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your style! Also do you use a programme to get a vintage effect on your photographs? they look so good :)

    www.invogueblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...