Thursday, 27 September 2012

PAINTINGS - Some work from an old folio






I thought I would do a quick post today on some work I was doing a couple of months ago when I was studying painting. These were assessed as an internal so I didn’t get much time to work on them so some are not as good as I would of liked but I still managed to get top marks so it no biggie. 

These were inspired by Wayne Thiebaud and Emily von Wolfen. Thiebaud was inspired by the crazy street-scapes of San Fran, which is often said to be like wellington where I live so it seemed like a good way to find inspiration. 

If you haven’t already done so, check out my Twitter account. It’s sad how many followers I have! I suppose you have to start somewhere! 

Anna


6 comments:

  1. These are so cool. I love the third one especially. Such beautiful colours too.

    Don't worry about the number of followers you have on twitter, it takes a while to build them up. But you will get there ;)

    I also emailed you back love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also on twitter to get more followers you need to talk about other things other than your blog. You know like everyday stuff like the weather, or what you achieved for the day, music, food, etc. Hope that helps

      Delete
  2. I knew right away while looking at the street-scapes that you were inspired by Thiebaud's creations of the same type :) He's one of my favorite artists though, so that might be why it was so obvious haha!!

    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg WOW! I love seeing other people's work - the first one is especially amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those are gorgeous!
    haha i dont have many twitter followers so ill follow you!

    x
    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...