Saturday, 22 September 2012

The cheapest haul ever?!



This morning I was out with my mum and we decided to quickly pop in to an opshop we were passing and pretty much the best thing ever happened:  As I walked in to the store the little lady behind the counter told me they were having a sale – squish as much as you can in to a plastic bag for $5.00. So mum and I literally scoured the whole store and got as much as we could in to a bag. In total we ended up with 8 pieces, I am only showing a few things though because we got some stuff for my dad and brother which aren’t that interesting.



   




These are the pieces that I got, there is one other thing but I just realised I forgot to photograph it! First thing I picked up was the denim skirt, for aggges I have been looking for I nice one but all the ones  I have found are those super skanky denim miniskirts which I am not a fan. But this one I love, mainly for the pattern on the hem but it also fits really well not that you can tell on the hanger! Anyone else have problem with photographing clothes and they just end up looking like crap? While I was looking through the men’s section I spotted this grey t-shirt, something else I have been searching for. It might just be me but I way prefer the fit of guys t-shirts? They just seem more comfy. I find it really hard to buy dresses, I can never seem to find any that I like but today because of the sale I went a little bit crazy and just chucked stuff in a bag including this dress I really like the pattern so I sure I can get some wear out of it. And finally it wouldn't be a complete haul without a giant floral shirt.

In the end we calculated it to be $1.60 per item. In US$ that’s $1.30 and in pounds its £0.80 – Yay for the currency convertor!

This is a top that I found for my lovely mum. It’s by Australian designer David Lawrence and looks so pretty on! Not that you can really tell in the photos though. It’s 100% silk and feels soooo good! I can’t believe she nearly didn’t buy it! Luckily I am a rather bossy daughter and forced her to. 







12 comments:

  1. Such wonderful buys you got here. That dress and blouse are so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. £0.80 is really cheap out here! I wish I was good at thrifting but I can never find anything in the charity shops in my town. I'd have to travel to another town or something! Really like the things you found, especially that floral shirt :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sure is a dream sale! You are so lucky. Great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! amazing buys and so cheap! i want to go to some market like this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great sale!! It's definitely reminiscent of the $1.49 sale days that Goodwill does here but at least you didn't have to worry about tags being a certain color to get a deal!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want all of your clothes! I love shopping in sales too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute tops ♥! love it .
    xx

    dotsandlaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing stuff! That's so cool to get a whole bag of stuff for $5! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such amazing pieces for $5, love the denim skirt with the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, these are all from the opshop I volunteer at. I put half of them out. Come in on Thursdays cause it's 20% off for students!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool buys :)

    X
    apreciarvintage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you're so lucky to find so much nice stuff, all the nice things in second-hand shops where I live are always overpriced :( And I know what you mean about the fit of mens t-shirts too, they're so much more flattering! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...