Wednesday, 31 October 2012

NEW THINGS







A couple of weeks back in between finishing my photography assessment and design folio I managed to squeeze in a quick opshop trip. I picked up a few new things but most of them turned out to be quite autumnal? Not really the best choice at the moment as in New Zealand we are heading in to a (hopefully) hot summer!

I am in love with the blue pleated maxi skirt, it’s so easy to wear and I love the feeling of wearing maxi skirts? They are so swish and comfy plus you don’t have to worry about accidently flashing someone which can be a common occurrence living in the windiest capital in the world.  The skirt was $8.00.



The red velvet skirt was also a lucky find – seemed to be having a lot of luck with pleats that day. The skirt was $3.00, but I had to do a bit of a D.I.Y on it, panels of green and pink had sewn on the hem of the skirt, I wasn’t really a fan so unpicked them. The skirt only cost a few dollars so I was happy to take a chance to see if unpicking it would work and it did so that was a bonus and hopefully I will get a lot of wear out of it in autumn. 

6 comments:

  1. That red velvet skirt is GORGEOUS. SO jealous!!

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so beautiful velvet skirt, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those skirts are amazing - love the velvet pleats! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the first top, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of that velvet skirt! I featured one like it on a wishlist recently, good find! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love that velvet skirt! I would pay good money for that from a proper store! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...