Tuesday, 27 November 2012

I don't care if you think i'm rank.







I will be the first to put my hand up and admit, second hand shoes are sometimes super rank to the point of how did anyone even let them in the store? I will also say that it’s completely understandable that this is probably going to disgust some of you. Sorry but I’m not really that fussed. I love second hand shoes – the good quality ones that have clearly never been worn much,  Of course I am not going to buy something that smells of rotting cheese.

On more than one occasion, I have bought shoes (from a actual store) that I have only worn a few times, for whatever reason they just didn’t fit right or weren’t as comfy as I had hoped. The logical thing to do is to donate them to charity, resulting in them being sold in an opshop. So what I am trying to say is that someone just like you or me could have easily donated some of the shoe in an opshop which is a much more appealing idea than if a homeless guy donated them. Not quite sure why people jump to that conclusion – is a homeless guy with nothing really going to donate his shoes??

The boat shoes above are some of my all-time favourite shoes. Ever! They just go with everything and are so unbelievably comfy. I got these for $11.00 and I am pretty sure no one had ever worn them. Which is the same for nearly all the shoes above, apart from the little heeled ones. But I took my chances with those as I am pretty sure whoever wore them last didn’t have any weird foot disease. 

I kinda feel like I am going out on a limb with this post and could be shot down for it. Sorry if you have be grossed out by this, try not to be too harsh in the comments but – what do you think of opshop shoes? 

** also, I use chemically meths stuff to wipe the insides out. 

Anna 

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE thrifted shoes; they are some of my most comfortable (read: most worn) and most complimented shoes :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like this selection :) love the vintage feel

    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theres nothing wrong with vintage shoes to me! Ive bought my fair share. I LOVE the first two. Super cute!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i love the second pic! you have a lovely blog :) want to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the boat shoes! And the fourth pair down are lovely too. I have some similar ones that I bought new and they're just not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have never heard of that expression before... but i like your picks here!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have actually never heard of an opshop until I visited your blogs. Where I am from they are referred to as charity shops or thrift stores. I am thrift store shopper myself but I always shy away from the shoes section. For some reason I would much rather purchase the clothing items than be bothered with the shoes. I can always launder or dry clean the clothing but I don't think I would be comfortable in someone else's shoes literally. I'm a partial germophobe though :)

    http://creativityarise.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. In general, I'm going to admit that second hand shoes can be a little gross but considering I've spotted a gorgeous pair of pointed red leather boots for about $6...it's all about picking and choosing really.

    http://anni-dot-elle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...