Monday, 5 November 2012

YEAR 12 IS OVER!? - annual uniform wharf jump tradition.


My beautiful windy fringe. 


I’m not sure what it’s like on other countries, but here in New Zealand you go to school for years one through to thirteen. Most colleges/high schools have their students wear uniforms right the way through but at my school, in your final year its mufti/ free dress. To celebrate it has become a school tradition that on you final day all the year twelve’s walk down to the wharf in our uniforms and jump off to celebrate the end of an era and no more uniforms!!  I can hardly believe my schooling career (If that’s what you would call it?) Is almost over?! It’s so strange but really exciting!

To be honest I was kind of dreading jumping off in to the sea, most days in wellington at the moment only reach a high of 12-17 degrees – not exactly tropical, so I was expecting the worst and to come out of it all with hypothermia. But it’s just one of those things you have to do – just to get all cheesy; it’s the kind of thing I will remember for years. And as it turns out the water wasn’t too bad and I ended up jumping twice.

Anna xx – photos courtesy of my friends mum! 

6 comments:

  1. Aww, what a great tradition!! We don't have anything like that (to my knowledge) here in the US as most schools don't have uniforms but I'd love to have this sort of thing to look back on :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i just i had my last day of year 12 today too! except we ended it with a boring old assembly hahaha! and we have to wear uniforms in year 13? :O so jealous of you


    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM
    Enter our new giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ! haha this is so precious and it looks like fun. this is a great tradition :) congratulations on reaching year 13 of school haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I wish it was warm enough here to do this! What a brilliant way to celebrate.

    Lindsey. x

    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What That's such a cool tradition. Our schools are so not creative enough to come up with something like that....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...