Thursday, 27 December 2012

GOODBYE FOR NOW ~ I'm on holiday.







For the next two weeks I will be at our family batch in endeavour inlet, for those of you who don’t know a batch is the New Zealand term for a holiday home.  Our batch – photographed above is pretty secluded, you can only get there by boat there isn't a road to it, just walking tracks that you can take a quad bike on if needed . Although it’s remote, in our bay there are about 25 other holiday homes so it’s not as if I will be stranded in the middle of nowhere. Plus I have two of my close friends coming over for New Year and to celebrate my 17th birthday as well as my family and grandparents being there too. It’s really bizarre because we have all of our family friends that we year annually out there so it’s always really interesting to see how we have all changed with in a year.

Personally I love the sounds (Our batch is in the Marlborough sounds but everyone just refers to it as the sounds) I can’t imagine holidaying anywhere else; I have been going there for over 10 years now. My days are mainly made up of painting, reading, a lot of swimming and lying on the beach (which is practically at my door step), boating, fishing, kayaking etc... It’s pretty much the perfect kiwi summer. However it’s not for everyone, you obviously have to enjoy the outdoors and be a good at packing because there are no shops. No cell phone reception and no internet. So that’s why I am unable to blog while I am away which is kind of sad but I guess the break will mean when I come home I will be egger to get back in to it.

Seeing as New Zealand is too small to really have an impact on anything, and if we are being honest no one really cares what’s going on down here as long as we aren’t causing too much trouble so I am assuming none of you will know that every now and again someone will accuse tourism NZ of projecting a false image of NZ to the world and that we are not as clean and green as we say. For the record I disagree with the people who say this and think that NZ is stunning and most of you will probably agree if you have seen the posts I have done on NZ. But I do think that the Marlborough sounds is one of the places in New Zealand that is untouched and you can come here and it really is like the images from a tourism campaign. It’s pretty incredible. One year I was able to swim with wild dolphins that came in to our bay and quite often the will come over while we are out on the boat. 





I also just wanted to say thank you so much to all my followers, it really means a lot that you take the time to read and comment. It’s been so lovely to get to know a few of you better as well. It’s pretty crazy to think it’s been less than a year and I have nearly reached 300 followers. Thank you so much and I hope you had a lovely Christmas and enjoy your New Year celebrations. I am sure in 2 weeks I will have plenty of photos and ideas for new blog posts.

Anna xx

5 comments:

  1. bye Higgins! Will miss you heaps xx HAPPY 17th BBIRTHDAY! (sorry i couldn't be there)xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos. I bet you will have a swell time, enjoy it me dear and we will see you again soon. Take lots of Epic photos for us pretty Please. I think New Zealand is a beautiful place even though I have not been and I hope to visit one of the islands very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful vacation!! Cheers to a happy New Year :)

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely, I hope you have an amazing time. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...