Thursday, 6 December 2012

OUTER WEAR OPSHOP HAUL






I thought I would quickly show you guys a few pieces of outer wear that I have picked up over the past few weeks. Its supposedly summer here in New Zealand at the moment but you seriously wouldn’t know it! Yesterday I was forced back in to tights and a jacket, today there was a violent storm/tornado in Auckland that has left 3 people dead (R.I.P) which is so sad just before Christmas. So although I would like to think I don’t need all these layers sadly I do!!

As far as opshopping goes most things are a few dollars, but I actually picked these items up at a second hand store – therefore store owners can charge three times as much apparently? But I decided to have a little pre-Christmas splurge. I have honestly been looking for a denim jacket for so long! I was in a store with my mum when I found this one. It was originally $50.00 which I think is much too expensive but with a half-price sale they were having  I was happy to pick it up for $22.00 – I know it’s not exactly half but it’s what they charged me. I always thought I wanted a lighter wash denim jacket but I am actually really pleased with this one. It’s never been worn and its billabong so I know it will be good quality hence why I was happy to pay a bit extra.

Next I got two cardigans, the first is a kind of deep dusky rose colour?? I’m not exactly sure what you call it but I really liked it. Its 100% wool and the scalloped edge detailing is really lovely. I will admit It was extremely over priced at $25.00 but I really like it so I thought why not and I know I will get a lot of wear from it, which I already have. The second cardigan is from Salvation Army and it cost $15.00 I love the colour combination of black and navy it’s quite a bold stripe pattern but the similar colours make it very wearable. I also really like how the black sections are almost mesh looking? It just makes it that little bit more individual and interesting.

Anna 


5 comments:

  1. I love that striped cardigan!! Shame all of these pieces cost so much though since they're second hand :/

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com
    ENTER MY GIVEAWAY WORTH $500!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the valuable information you provide in your articles.

    I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently.
    I am quite certain I'll learn lots of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    My homepage ; twitter chats for Affiliates

    ReplyDelete
  3. bad, bad tornado.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...