Friday, 18 January 2013

POSSIBLY THE BEST RING EVER





For those of you who don’t know.. I have a slight obsession with rings. In the past couple of months I have started accumulating a fair amount of them. I thought I would share with you my latest find.

Ever since my mum and I found this ring (above)  in the Picton junk  shop, it’s now become mandatory that we visit to see what new rings they have – if any, it can be a bit hit and miss. In the store it was originally my mum who saw this. She tried it on and ummed and ahhed before putting it back in the cabinet. We then looked through the rest of the store and right before we left I decided I would try it on. It was a perfect fit and I managed to get $5.00 off the price. In typical Anna style that was enough to convince me it was a must have, I bought it instantly – who considers things before purchasing?! Not me, that’s for sure. It wasn’t until we got back home that mum mentioned she was going to buy it if I hadn’t… she was just thinking it over and deciding if she really wanted it. Ops! Sorry mum! At least now she can wear it with out having to have bought it. When I first bought it I wasn’t too sure about it, I just liked it. But I had a feeling that if I left it behind I would probably regret it and that's the worst feeling! And now that I have had it a while I really love it. Such a worthwhile purchase.

I am terrible with names so I can’t tell you what the stone in the ring is, but I do know its 100% set in sterling silver, and I believe it’s a 70’s style design? The stone its self is beautifully cut and not that you can see in these photos but in the centre it creates a star shape. I picked this up for NZ$40.00 (21.00 pounds, US$33.00) which isn’t bad for a ring made of silver and in very good condition. Plus it looks super sturdy – I always worry that my rings will fall to pieces because that always seems to happen to me when I buy rings from high street stores.

I am guessing this won’t be to everyone’s taste but I really like the fact it’s so quirky and original. Considering the materials it’s made from and the condition it’s in I think this was a really good buy. I am especially pleased with the colour of the stones, it’s a very understated almost dull colour – which sounds awful but if it was any other colour, or clear I think it would make it too full on or too glitzy looking? That’s just my opinion anyway.

Feel free to leave your honest opinions on this; I am really interested to know what you think of it!
Anna xx 

6 comments:

  1. I love the ring - am such a ring freak, I have so many! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! :D Looks really nice.
    Thank you so much for visiting & leaving a comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both so pretty! x
    that-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ring is stunning and I love how the stone is set in a cup shape. By looking at the properties of the stone with the tiny specks in it I would say it is a piece of Labradorite. There are all kinds of Labradorite. I have a piece which you can see in this blog post of mine if you scroll down http://annarack.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/presents-to-me.html . My stone is the more colourful and darker version of that stone. You can get labradorite as clear as the one in your ring and they have tiny black specks in it. Also when you shine in the light do you see shimmers of green/blue/yellow? then that is the stone I named.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love BOTH rings. Isn't it crazy that stunning pieces we can find in thrift/vintage shops? I love getting my costume jewelry from there, because I know it won't tarnish. If it handled 5-20 years of wear and remains gold...then it's fantastic quality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agreeeee soo cute! they are both awesome

    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...