Thursday, 7 February 2013

HAUL - why do I never buy clothes that fit?

Some of you who have been reading my blog for a while might be surprised at how long it took me come to the realization that I pretty much only buy clothes that don’t fit! Apologies for the photos, they are a bit crap but as it turns out taking photos of sack like clothing is a bit tricky.  

I got this California top for $5.00 from Salvation Army, I am such a sucker for a good printed tee. And in my opinion this is perfect – limited colour pallet design on a white t-shirt. What could be better?


This is a prime example of how hard it is to photograph some clothes! I really like the floral pattern of the dress and while I’m not a huge fan of asymmetric hem lines I don’t mind this one. this will be in a outfit post soon, because I feel like a fail of a blogger because I am not doing this dress any justice. Its actually quite nice with a belt, I even wore it to school today

Its always really sad when I start stocking up on winter warmers. But the sadness of that was counteracted by how lovely this cardigan is. Its so soft and so warm – its some kind of wool/angora blend. I am also really pleased that its   got pattern, I own so many cardigans but none of them have a pattern so this should fill the gap in my wardrobe nicely.


Finally I managed to track a nice maxi dress! It took a while but I got there in the end. An added bonus is the monochromatic colour scheme, which may seem a bit boring to some but versatility is really important in my wardrobe now especially that I have no uniform so I am wearing my clothes more and more now meaning I want to be able get as much wear from them as I can.

For those of you who regularly thrift shop you will know its an acquired taste, and you probably get a lot of people turning their noses up at you when you admit you wear second hand. My friends aren’t like that but they do enjoy the luxuries of first hand shopping – who doesn’t?! I am really excited because this Saturday a few of them have decided to come with me. So all going well I will have a lot of lovely new pieces to show you.


Anna xx

3 comments:

  1. I really love the cardigan! :)
    It can be styled for winter and summer though, a little summer dress and flats on underneath would be nice!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maxi dress is awesome, can't wait to see how you style it out! xxx

    wethingin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your clothes... always really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...