Saturday, 16 February 2013

PHOTO ALBUM // Books by Frankie magazine








For those of you who don’t know, I have developed a slight obsession with Frankie magazine. So much so that I have even done a blog post on the it, which you can see here. The articles are all beautifully written – witty, sincere and actually interesting. So many magazines, articles just seem so dull? But I can honesty say that I do read Frankie form cover to cover – There is no other magazine I do that with. Some would say that a magazine is all about that articles but in my opinion a magazine would be nothing with out good photography. And Frankie has bucket loads of that.

If you have ever read Frankie then you will know that they use a certain style of photography and that just happens to be the style of photography I really like – its kind of quirky, with a vintage look.  On the Frankie Press website I saw that they had copies of a book called ‘Photo Album’ which is a collection of photos used in the magazine / taken by photographers featured in the magazine.

As you can see in the photos, the book is hardly wordy. Its mostly focused on the images. And beautiful images they are. At first I questioned whether I wanted to spend $30.00 on a book I might only read a few times. But I am so glad I did. The photography is really beautiful and I already have so much inspiration for upcoming photography work I plan on doing. I know that some people say books are a thing of the past and I could have found these images on the internet, but for me there is something really nice about having a collection of beautiful books you really love. I genuinely think I will have this for years to come.


This book is highly recommended, if your interested in photography or enjoy Frankie you will love this too. They have sold out of copies on the Frankie website but if your interested in purchasing it I have a link you can buy it from. It’s a limited edition book so it can be hard to come by.

Anna x

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to read Frankie but never have! These photos are beautiful. I love the vintage-y ness of them. That's also how I like my photos! Love your sheets as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...