Sunday, 24 March 2013

A FAIL PHOTOGRAPHY SHOOT








At the moment I am in the middle of a photography assignment. We are supposed to choose a theme that will be able to last us 2 assessments as well as a 3 board folio, in other words I have to choose a theme I can work on for the next 6 months. Naturally I find this a little over whelming. Especially because I need to get good marks in these assessments to get University entrance. No pressure.

So pretty much I am in the midst of a huge mind blank. I have this vague idea in my head, but I honestly couldn’t explain it. Not so that some one could understand anyway. But I am going to try… I think my theme will be looking at memory loss, personal belongings and anxiety. Something along the lines of ‘person suffers from memory loss, develops anxiety about losing her memory completely, starts hoarding her possessions in an attempt to keep the memories’ It’s a VERY basic idea, I’m not even sure if it’s a good one? Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway this is what todays photo shoot came out like, its pretty rough and there wasn’t much pre-planning so it’s also very basic. If I’m honest what took the longest was setting up my room to look like this! I think I need to do some more research and planning first but I just wanted to share with you what I have been up to today.

Hope your all well xx

3 comments:

  1. omg! Your room is wonderful! ;**
    Mess is the best! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it sounds like a great idea Anna! &something you can expand on to, so will last you for the six months. I really like it, good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your photos show really great potential! I love the photo within a photo idea you have going. In regards to your overall theme, perhaps it is a little done and dusted (eg.already been done to death). You may also find it limiting as you've already thought out the entire way in which the theme will develop. I do really like the images with all the clutter - maybe try to think along the lines of someone's life and what they've collected along the way. Things they've collected can be beyond physical possessions too - like friends, family, pets, jobs, skills, dreams. The clutter reminds me of layers, like when you have a clean out and go through all your stuff, and come across layers of stuff you've gathered and kept over the years. That's my thoughts anyway - hope it is helpful to ya! Having been through art and design both at highschool and uni, I know planning too much really limits my creative flow, and shuts off options for change as the project progresses :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...