Tuesday, 26 March 2013

OUTFIT POST - Bringing Tie dye back


A few days a go I did a post on the tie-dye socks some friends and I are creating as a fundraiser to get to Sydney for a school design trip. While I was in the warehouse  (a massive chain store in NZ known for its low prices and money back guarantee) Looking through the men’s section – as I often do I noticed they had men’s XXL white t-shirts for $6.00. I bought it and planned to make a tie-dye t-shirt dress but as you can see it’s a bit too short. But that’s not entirely a bad thing because I really like the combination of the top and this skirt.

Mention tie-dye and hippies automatically spring to mind, as well as the bright colors and rainbow effects. If you know me you will know I am not a fan of a ‘pop of colour’ I am all for muted toned when it comes to what I wear. So I decided I would dip my t-shirt in every colour and it came out as this khaki shade, which I am really pleased with, it still has the tie-dye look with out being tacky.

Hope your all well x

PS can anyone tell me what going on with the Google change over or something to do with bloglovin? Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I've been seeing lots of tie-dye things in the shop lately, and I am pleased to see it. Reminds me of my college days when we had textiles classes and I would just use any excuse to go to the classroom and tie dye! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...