Friday, 5 April 2013

DO I WANT TO KEEP BLOGGING?








Its been nearly a year since I started all this. I assumed, like most things I do it would be a one-minute wonder – I would start my blog, do a few posts and quickly get bored. Yet here I still am nearly one year later. Trust me, I am just as surprised as you!

I really like blogging, and that surprised me I never thought it would be something I could really get in to. Naturally I think I am a creative person and I really enjoy having somewhere to be creative – at school, which is where I normally do my art and photography its really restrictive and there are specific targets and expectations of what I can/should do. Blogging has just been the place where I can do what ever I want, and I really enjoy that.

I have also really enjoyed developing my personal style, if you can even call it that? I really like what I wear, I like sharing it with people but I also like that I really don’t give a shit what people say about what I wear. I like what I like, and I am really happy with that. Luckily for me my readers are very kind about it all, and don’t seem to think I am a whack-job who will only wear an old nana’s clothes from an opshop!

In saying all that, I am not sure if I want to carry on blogging? Perhaps this is just a phase? But I don’t really feel as passionate as I did about Opshopaholic. Its almost like I have out grown it? I still love clothes and opshopping, but they aren’t my passion – photography and design is. So I am kind of considering starting out fresh and making a new photography and design blog. I have literally just come up with this idea tonight, and I wanted to get the opinions of all you lovely ladies – I don’t think I have any male followers? I could be wrong though (If so, I am sorry – I want your opinion too!)

Anyway let me know your thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated.
Anna xx

13 comments:

  1. I have read your blog for a long time and would be really sad if you stopped blogging! If you'd rather do a photography/design blog though, then it's totally up to you - do what you enjoy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You have no idea how much I appreciate readers such as yourself who have been in for the long haul! Its really heat warming to know people would actually be sad if I stopped blogging, it really does mean a lot.

      Hope your well xx

      Delete
  2. Don't you dare give up this blog :p it's one of my all time favs. But yeah start up another blog and that means you have two. I will gladly follow both forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am so surprised at all the lovely feed back this post has got, it really means a lot!
      P.s I love your blog too Anna!!

      Delete
    2. You see we all love you and thank you lovey for the blog love xx

      Delete
  3. I think you should incorporate the posts into your usual ones - that way you keep both x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something I struggled with is that your blog's name shouldn't have to define your blog. At the end of the day it's YOURS to do what you like with; it's not like you're doing it for a specific target to keep multi million pound advertisers. That's the beauty of blogging, I feel. So start afresh if you like, but at the same time don't be afraid to make this blog your own, too. Post your photography and design work here, but also post some outfit posts. It's yours and it's up to YOU!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Sarah. And be sure that we all love you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sarah too! post what you like, where you like, if it interests you there is no reason it wont everyone else! :)

    toria

    http://toriasays.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog about whatever you want! Just because you started this blog to talk about clothing doesn't mean your stuck with that. It's YOUR blog, so if you also want to blog about design, by all means do it! Personally, I like it better when a blog isn't specifically designated for one thing. I know mine certainly isn't. I've really enjoyed the photography posts you've done previously :D

    http://starrynightxxc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your blog! I love to see the New Zealand way etc etc and opshops.. Maybe incorporate both into this blog? X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you enjoy it! I think that is probably what i will end up doing, incorporating the two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those glittery shoes are marvellous! I really enjoy reading your blog :) xx


    http://goldengee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...