Thursday, 6 June 2013

MAY HAUL - Levis, GAP and lots of skirts

It seems like ages since my last haul, but I have to admit that doesn’t mean I haven’t been doing my fair share of spending… One of the main issues I have been facing is the lack of light, it makes taking nice blog photos extremely difficult thanks to the no so pleasant winter weather .. Anyway here are the pieces I picked up during may, everything here is thrifted for opshops:

We don’t have Topshop stores here in New Zealand like you do in the UK, the Topshop brand is sold alongside Karen Walker over here ( A top NZ fashion designer) so finding this jacket in a opshop is extremely uncommon. I am unsure if I will keep it though? As much as I like it, I think it’s probably a size too small – I can get away with it but in terms of comfort it’s not the best? But for $6.00/£3.00 I could hardly leave it behind!

I am in love with everything to do with this skirt. I am such a sucker for floral prints on black – I really like how it cancels out that girly girl look a floral piece brings to an outfit. The purple and black also tie in well with winter colour pallets so no doubt I will get a lot of wear out of this over the coming months. 

This skirt is such a crazy obnoxious statement piece, and it will probably make you question my level of taste . I love the fabric, and I had seen this skirt a couple of weeks ago in the same shop but decided against getting it but when I saw it again a couple of weekends ago I couldn’t resist. It’s the complete opposite of what I usually wear but the print was too amazing to pass up. And I can see it working in an outfit, but first I want to take up the hem  – at the moment it’s a little too much of a good thing!

This is possibly the wholly grail find in terms of opshopping? A pristine condition vintage Levis denim jacket for $8.00/ £4.00. I couldn’t believe it when I saw this. I won’t go in to too much detail because I will be dedicating a whole post to this jacket that you will be seeing in the near future.

This is a pretty simple piece but I am really in to my oversized t-shirts and this vintage GAP one combines two of my favorite things: white t-shirts and grey t-shirts. You cant really tell in this photo but this tee is made of a ‘white marl grey’ material – yes I know that doesn’t really make sense but hopefully you kinda get what I mean?
And because this haul didn’t already have enough skirts heres another one… In case you cant tell they are my go to item in a wardeobe  and are practically all I ever wear. This is another one to be hemmed, I know it was/is in fahion but I just donet like midi skirts I find them really unflattering? I am all for maxi or mini but midi skirts just don't do it for me.
What I really like is the pattern of this skirt, it looks like someone has painted the flowers on. The photo dosent show this very well but I just though that it was really interesting and as a painter myself I can really appreciate it.

Hope you're all well, I would love to know what you thought of my purchases so feel free to leave a comment.


Anna xx

3 comments:

  1. you honestly find the best pieces! I LOVE that levi's jacket and the gap tee; what great finds! also the topshop jacket is so lucky too, we don't have a topshop in my city either x

    http://frockled.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay wow, all of those are great great finds. I love the skirts- from the minimal to the over the top I'd wear all of them in a flash. :D And I know what you mean about the gap T- great floppy oversized marl. That's basically perfect, eeeej!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...