Tuesday, 4 June 2013

MUTED AND ALTERNATIVE - nail polishes

Navy blue and grey Sally Hansen polishes

Pale peach, blue/grey, deep purple by Maybelline

Nude and Khaki by Essie (I love this packaging!!)

dark red, green/gold/black/, purple-blue, grey-purple, mint by revelon

When you think of nail polish, what typically comes to mind is bright red, soft pinks, coral shades and oranges. In my mind at least thee are the traditional nail polish colours. For the most part I really don’t like these colours on my nails. Hot pink is my worst nightmare in terms of nail polish.  It’s mostly to do with the fact that these pinky shades don’t really go so well with the style/colours of what I usually wear. I much prefer things more toned down and muted.

This is my entire nail polish collection, its pretty small but over here in New Zealand, like all beauty products nail polish is extremely expensive. Double what you would pay in America or the UK.  I know there are a lot of beauty/style bloggers who have literally hundreds of polish but I honestly don’t see the point? I have a modest collection but I actually get to wear them all before they dry up.


If you have been reading for a while you will know I am useless when it comes it comes to waiting for my nails to dry, therefore I own a fair few fast drying polishes that I am in love with – the Maybelline ones especially!

I know this isn't a beauty blog but I feel that nail polish is part of an outfit so I wanted to shard my mini collection with you. If you want to know the name of a specific colour comment below. 


Anna xx

2 comments:

  1. Is that first Sally Hansen polish called Midnight in NY? I think I might have it! :) x

    JordysBeautySpot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...